Thursday, November 30, 2017

Bellingham Water Pressure Regulator Valve: PRV

So what does a water pressure regulator valve (PRV) look like and where does it go? The valve is put on the main water line before any fixture or hose bib and it's usually located under the building. It's usually all brass, but there's a plastic and brass model that's more common in our little slice of heaven.

I use a double union model (pictured) because it's easier to replace; should only take 5 minutes to do the actual replacement with the same model. Shutting down the water, setting up and crawling to the valve takes some time.

New installs can take up to two hours depending on the job.

No comments: